Forums » Member Events

Beach Guild of Fine Art Paint out, July 24

• July 23, 2012 11:27 AM EDT

The BGFA is once again hosting an “En Plein Air” painting day! You and your family and friends are all invited to come and share some time with other painters, outdoors at the beach!

Date: Tuesday July 24

Meeting Time: 9:30 am (or whenever you get there)

Where: Ashbridges Bay

Bring a lunch, we will gather at lunch time for creative socializing. Our lunch meeting place will be at the shaded area generally to the west of the washrooms; you will find picnic tables and benches there.

To get to this location find your way to the intersection of the Lakeshore and Coxwell in the Beach, Toronto, then go south. Take the first right and follow it to the parking lot.

From the south side of the parking lot, follow the meandering pathway leading out to the bay. There is a wealth of subject matter – you will find beach, and rocks, and water, and trees, and sailboats, and birds, and people, and volleyball players, and city views, and lake views and…. It may take you all day just to decide what you want to paint. Suggestion: go down ahead of time to scope out the area so when you come on Tuesday, you will be ready to create.

• August 5, 2012 9:29 AM EDT

It was a bit windy on the day but I think people enjoyed themselves.

• August 17, 2012 7:41 PM EDT

Hi . I just wanted to add a picture of the painting I did at the bgfa paintout.